♥ MARANDA ELIZABETH ♥
Maranda Elizabeth is a capital-C Crazy writer, zinester, witch, identical twin, high school dropout, cane-user, cripple-goth, recovering alcoholic, and white non-binary amethyst-femme. They write about recovery with borderline personality disorder, complex-trauma, and fibromyalgia; writing, creativity, & friendship; disability & accessibility; politicizing recovery; magic & witchcraft & Tarot; self-care, support, & $upport; queer mad poor crip lineages; and surviving social assistance and poverty.
Maranda’s work often explores themes of loneliness, isolation, abandonment, and disposability; synchronicity, reciprocity, gratitude, joy, and meaning-making; and memory and making a home.
In 2012, they published an anthology of the first decade of their zines, Telegram: A Collection of 27 Issues, in 2013, they published their first novel, Ragdoll House, and in 2017, they published their second novel, We Are the Weirdos. They write zines, offer Tarot readings for misfits and outcasts, and publish a fortnightly-ish column on LittleRedTarot.com, See the Cripple Dance, re-imagining Tarot through disability and madness. Maranda grew up in Lindsay, Ontario (Ojibway, Chippewa, and Anishinabek land), and currently resides in Toronto, Ontario (traditional territory of the Haudenosaunee and the Métis).
Currently, they’re working on a sequel titled We Are the Nobodies, as well as a book of non-fiction titled To Be True to My Own Weirdnesses: Re-Incarnations, Re-Iterations, & Re-Imaginings. And (!) a short story collection called Those Knives Were Her Security Blanket, and an as yet untitled #CripLit disability-justice speculative near-future novella. And many more zines, of course!
They’re a Libra Sun, Sagittarius Moon, and Gemini Rising, with Venus in Libra, Mercury in Scorpio, and Chiron Retrograde in Gemini.
♥ Let’s Have Coffee! ♥
♥ WRITING = WORKING / MONEY = ACCESS ♥
$$$ If you've benefited from my writing in any way over the years - if my words have inspired you, helped you feel less alone, or sparked some weird feeling within you - please consider compensating me by offering a donation of any amount. Support comes in many forms, but as somebody who grew up in poverty, continues to survive well below the poverty line, and is disabled & crazy, I, like you, need money to live, to create, to grow, & to heal. My gifts, skills, creativity, ideas, & magic-making are often not valued in our culture, but I know they are real & valid & life-transforming. Your donations will ensure that I can continue the work I have mysteriously arrived on this strange planet to do. Thank you very kindly for your generosity, sharing, & kindness! With gratitude & weirdo vibes! $$$
♥ TWEET WITH ME ♥My Tweets
♥ Stuff I Write About ♥
- cane love
- chronic pain
- crip goth
- i was a teenage goth
- know home
- know hope
- toronto ontario
- weirdos forever
- winter survival
♥ MAILBOX ♥
P.O. Box 33 Stn. P.
M5S 2S6 Canada
♥ Recent Posts ♥
- Messy November: we’ve got a lotta care work protest conversations dreams to do together, let’s go
- telegram and see the cripple dance are ending stop
- Surgery As Initiation: A process of experiencing, witnessing, & sharing my hysterectomy
- Hysterectomy Party: How to Support Me While I Prepare For & Recuperate From
- Disability, Freaking Out, & Marilyn Manson
- Poverty and Isolation are Killing Us: (More, Unending) Thoughts and Conversations on Suicide, Criticism, Responsibility, Purpose, Care, and Love
- We Are the Weirdos, my new novel, is now available everywhere!
- Extra Dimensions & Misplaced Shadows: Maranda & Cee Interview One Another on Creating We Are the Weirdos
- We Are the Weirdos – a crowdfund pre-order for my next novel!
- Won’t You Celebrate With Femme Cripples and Other Storybooks
- What is art about social assistance?
- be my borderline palentine
- Sometimes I Act Crazy and Conflict Is Not Abuse: continuing to reclaim borderline & politicize madness (Part Two)
Tag Archives: witchcraft
I’m so glad to be able to say that my new novel, We Are the Weirdos, is now available everywhere. Following are a series of links where you can buy my new book, and otherwise support my art and my … Continue reading
Long time no write! Despite all the notes I’ve been taking, I haven’t completed anything I’d intended to write for my blog over the last few months because most of my attention has been devoted to finishing my second novel, … Continue reading