♥ MARANDA ELIZABETH ♥
Maranda Elizabeth is a writer, zinester, witch, identical twin, high school dropout, cane-user, recovering alcoholic, and non-binary amethyst-femme. They write about recovery with borderline personality disorder, complex-trauma, and fibromyalgia; mental health & illnesses; madness as spiritual gifts & skills; writing & creativity; friendship; magic & witchcraft & Tarot; self-care, support, & $upport; surviving poverty; and embracing weirdnesses. They’ve been writing zines for over a decade. In 2012, they published a zine anthology, Telegram: A Collection of 27 Issues, and in 2013, they published their first novel, Ragdoll House. They also offer Tarot readings for weirdos, queerdos, misfits, & outcasts!
Maranda is a Libra Sun, Sagittarius Moon, Gemini Rising, & Aquarius Midheaven!
♥ Let’s Have Coffee! ♥
♥ WRITING = WORKING / MONEY = ACCESS ♥
$$$ If you've benefited from my writing in any way over the years - if my words have inspired you, helped you feel less alone, or sparked some weird feeling within you - please consider compensating me by offering a donation of any amount. Support comes in many forms, but as somebody who grew up in poverty, continues to survive well below the poverty line, and is disabled & crazy, I, like you, need money to live, to create, to grow, & to heal. My gifts, skills, creativity, ideas, & magic-making are often not valued in our culture, but I know they are real & valid & life-transforming. Your donations will ensure that I can continue the work I have mysteriously arrived on this strange planet to do. Thank you very kindly for your generosity, sharing, & kindness! With gratitude & weirdo vibes! $$$
♥ TWEET WITH ME ♥My Tweets
♥ Stuff I Write About ♥accessibility books boundaries bpd cane love chronic pain communication community cptsd creativity disability fibromyalgia friendship identity i was a teenage goth know home know hope language lists madness magic meds non-binary questions recovery self-care self-harm sobriety suicidality support tarot telegram anthology toronto ontario trauma vulnerability weirdos forever winter survival witchcraft writing zines
♥ MAILBOX ♥
P.O. Box 33 Stn. P.
M5S 2S6 Canada
♥ Recent Posts ♥
- We Are the Weirdos – a crowdfund pre-order for my next novel!
- Won’t You Celebrate With Femme Cripples and Other Storybooks
- What is art about social assistance?
- be my borderline palentine
- Sometimes I Act Crazy and Conflict Is Not Abuse: continuing to reclaim borderline & politicize madness (Part Two)
- I’m 2,085 days sober & I’m thinking of you.
- Beyond Borderline and The Protest Psychosis: black & white protest diseases & politicizing madness (Part One)
- making art & magic on the outside, valuing & supporting marginalized voices
- chalice of the hopeless: new zines & cripple-goth feelings
- bruises self-heal: the body in retrograde
- Further Notes on Reclaiming Borderline and Resisting the Sane Gaze
- Exploring Trauma, Madness, Chronic Illness, & Disability with Tarot: Part Three
- oh my heart it breaks every step that i take
Tag Archives: scent free
If you’ve been following my work for more than a few weeks (um, or minutes), you’re familiar with my years-long desire to move away from hospitals and into a sense of belonging within myself, as well as my attempts at … Continue reading
Being alive today feels like living in an alternate reality. I am astounded to still be on this planet, to still be breathing, to still be writing. I’ve been having my tough times as the colder weather inevitably interferes with … Continue reading
making spaces accessible & scent-free to create opportunities for friendship, connection, & support!
I’ve been telling my pals I’m gonna write a blog entry about Multiple Chemical Sensitivity soon, but have been avoiding it because I don’t like talking about it. But it feels like it’s time now, so I’ll give it a … Continue reading