♥ MARANDA ELIZABETH ♥
Maranda Elizabeth is a writer, zinester, high school dropout, cane-user, sex worker, daydreamer, flâneux, and recovering alcoholic approaching a decade sober. They’re also an identical twin, a witch, and a white agender sorta-femme. Maranda is the author of three novels, Ragdoll House (2013), We Are the Weirdos (2017), and Oliver A Lover All Over (2019), a non-fiction anthology of the first decade of their zines, Telegram: A Collection of 27 Issues (2012), of which they’ve now written forty-two issues, and the zines Little Acorns (a 24-hour zine) and Edith (fiction).
For two years, they wrote a column on LittleRedTarot.com, See the Cripple Dance, on re-imagining Tarot through disability and madness, and poverty and anti-capitalism. Currently, they offer Tarot readings for misfits and outcasts.
For many years previous, they’ve written online and in-print about recovery with borderline personality disorder, complex-trauma, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue, with an emphasis on politicizing illness and recovery, and understanding illness (mental, physical, and spiritual) as a debilitating and deadly consequence of capitalism, as well as a form of resistance and protest. They’ve also spent their entire adulthood writing about writing, creativity and friendship; disability and accessibility; witchcraft and Tarot; self-care, support, and $upport; queer mad poor crip lineages; and surviving social assistance and poverty.
Maranda grew up in Lindsay, Ontario (Ojibway, Chippewa, and Anishinabek land), and currently resides in Toronto, Ontario (traditional territory of the Haudenosaunee and the Métis). Their work explores themes of loneliness, abandonment and disposability; synchronicity, joy, meaning-making, and memory; and the process of making a home of place and body.
They’re a Libra Sun, Sagittarius Moon, and Gemini Rising, with Venus in Libra, Mercury in Scorpio, Aquarius Midheaven, and Chiron Retrograde in Gemini.
♥ Let’s Have Coffee! ♥
♥ WRITING = WORKING / MONEY = ACCESS ♥
$$$ If you've benefited from my writing in any way over the years - if my words have inspired you, helped you feel less alone, or sparked some weird feeling within you - please consider compensating me by offering a donation of any amount. Support comes in many forms, but as somebody who grew up in poverty, continues to survive well below the poverty line, and is disabled & crazy, I, like you, need money to live, to create, to grow, & to heal. My gifts, skills, creativity, ideas, & magic-making are often not valued in our culture, but I know they are real & valid & life-transforming. Your donations will ensure that I can continue the work I have mysteriously arrived on this strange planet to do. Thank you very kindly for your generosity, sharing, & kindness! With gratitude & weirdo vibes! $$$
♥ TWEET WITH ME ♥My Tweets
♥ Stuff I Write About ♥
- cane love
- chronic illness
- chronic pain
- crip goth
- i was a teenage goth
- know home
- know hope
- social assistance art
- toronto ontario
- weirdos forever
- winter survival
♥ MAILBOX ♥
P.O. Box 33 Stn. P.
M5S 2S6 Canada
♥ Recent Posts ♥
- crip self-defense: every instance of fighting back is beautiful
- Messages from Pigeons, and Three Days of Collapse…
- Invisible and Targeted at Once: Social Assistance Art, Dreams, and Solidarity, or: CRIP RENT CRIP FOOD
- Daffodils and Strange Persistence: Crip City Walks, Pandemic Feelings, & Signs of Ever-Unknown Futures
- Chaotic Fatigue, or Ordinary Humiliation of Disabled Bodyminds
- One Month Later: food, books, gifts, & gratitude
- Toronto Forget-Me-Not Part Two
- Writing for weirdos, dreamers, survivors, & the dead
- What I Was Thinking About the Day Elizabeth Wurtzel Died
- Magical Concoctions for Sober Witches (And a Deadline, Too!)
- Toronto Forget-Me-Not Part One
- A Mix Tape for OLIVER A LOVER ALL OVER – to listen, to cry, to daydream…
- PRE-ORDER a paperback copy of my new novel, OLIVER A LOVER ALL OVER